Warfront - New Battle of Britain Persistent Campaign Map

Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, 1946 e Cliffs of Dover. Dúvidas, dicas, novidades e debates.
21_Sokol1
Veterano
Veterano

Warfront - New Battle of Britain Persistent Campaign Map

Post by 21_Sokol1 »

Since you guys were all quite supportive of trying Warfront out and had some suggestions for it, I figured I'd post this here just to keep you updated as to what's coming for us.

We've nearly got a new persistent map ready to roll (we're working on the targets and bomber missions right now) that will return to the Battle of Britain stage of the war and provide resource modelling.

The Red team will need to manage aircraft numbers, fuel, airfields, factories, ports, convoys, civilian morale, and other resources in order to survive a 70 day campaign which starts on July 10th, 1940 and goes to September 17th, 1940.

A few examples:

Occasionally a ship convoy will appear in the channel that will carry a resource type (fuel, aircraft parts, or food and consumer goods (for morale)) to a port in England. Every ship is carrying its own cargo. Take out half the ships and half the cargo will reach the Red team. Take out the port that the ships are going to and the ships will be unable to offload some or any of their cargo.

Aircraft factories will produce parts to repair damaged aircraft and build new aircraft. Depending on the factory you destroy, parts for a particular aircraft will stop being produced. Attack a hurricane factory and Red may eventually run out of hurricane parts. Same for Spitfires.

Attack a fuel depot and the fuel reserves for the red team will go down along with the total fuel reserve capacity. Or attack a refinery and Red will stop producing fuel until that refinery has been repaired.

I'll let you know when the map is ready to be played, but it should be ready by the end of June.